Welcome to our website.
Bearsted Active Retirement Association also known as BeARA is a retirement group under the umbrella of Kent Active Retirement Association also known as KentARA. Our aim is to provide activities, interests and outings for retired residents of Bearsted, Detling, Grove Green, Thurnham and Weavering together with adjacent districts. It is a very friendly club and welcomes new members.
We hold our Main Meetings on the 3rd Monday of each month at Grove Green Community Centre situated about 2 miles North East of Maidstone.
Our Membership is currently at capacity for Full Membership but we can offer Associate Membership, Associate Membership allows participation in almost all of the activities But Not attending the Main Meetings due to restrictions on the number in the hall.
For more information, please see our "ABOUT US" tab above.
Next Main Meeting
18th December 2023
Christmas Party with Peter Kneebone
Mince Pies & Mulled Wine served to your tables by your committee
Next Social Meeting Thursday 4th January 2024
3:00PM - 5:00PM
Our Next Walk With David & Janet Leech is the walk below
29th January 2024 Details to be confirmed in due course.
Contact David or Janet Leech. Details In the Members Area, on the Newsletter or via the "Contact Us" tab above.
We are pleased to report that Rita Dalton, Jenny Hossack, Mike Harrison, Bob Abnett and Graham Morecraft successfully completed first aid training and are now certified First Aiders.
Congratulations to them all.
A reminder of how to Login to the Members Area.
See links to video's at bottom to help set up your Chrome Browser
(As during July 2020 all members who have provided BeARA with an email address and had not logged in to the members area since January 2020 have been sent an email with their individual "User Name" and "Password". The text below may help serve as a reminder).
- Click on the word "Members" at the top right hand side of the page header.
- Enter Your "User Name" and "Password" into the respective fields.
- Click on the Login Button.
- Depending on your Browser settings you may be asked if you wish to save your Login details Click "Yes" or "Save". (Subsequent Login details should then fill in automatically, you just need to click on the "Log in" button). You can use the same Login Details for other devices eg. Tablets, Mobile Phones etc.
- Once you have gained access to the members area you will be taken to a page headed "Members Home Page", Members only topics are on the Right Hand Side.
- After viewing another page to return to the "Members Home Page" Either click on the words "Home Page" at the top right hand side (below header) of the page or If you are using a PC or Laptop Hover mouse over the word "Members" at the top RIGHT hand side of the page, (if using a device tap the word "Members") a drop down list will be visible Click on the 2nd to top option "Members Home Page" this will take you to the "Members Home Page" that also acts as a Navigation page with the Members Menu on the RIGHT hand side.
- If you are still unable to gain access to the members area please contact Peter using the "Contact Us" tab on the top menu of this page stating your name and member number to be re-sent your Login details by email.
Tips & Tricks. Google Chrome Browser
If using Google Chrome I would suggest you enable your "Favourites Bar" for a video describing how to do this follow the link below:
If you are not getting the option box to save Password when you login follow the link below for some guidance (when you get to the "Passwords" Page ensure the the top two options "offer to save Passwords" and "Auto Sign-in) are turned on (this is not covered in the video)